Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Eileen's Culture

What represents my culture? My answer to this question is “Seven Colours String”. In Chinese, it is known as “Qi Se Xian”. All my family members and most of my relatives own this string. We can take this string from the Buddhist or Taoist temple and tie this string on our left or right wrists. Although the name of the string is known as “Seven Colours”, but the string is not made from seven colours. Different temples have different types of strings. As you can see, my string is red in colour. Most of the Chinese believe that by wearing this string can help them to avoid the yin forces (coolness, darkness, dampness…) and bring them good fortune. However, I believe that by wearing the “Seven Colours String” can prevent me from seeing or offending any ghosts during the Chinese Hungry Ghost Month. Besides, I believe this string can bring me good fortune too.
Photo:

5 comments:

  1. I like all of your entries on your culture, very rich,keep up the good work. Where are your post on the cultural event? Will check again, make sure it is up by Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very revealing and unique blog.. You made me like your colours, shades and sunshines. Keep on the track!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for commenting on our group blog. This is actually an assignment for our Interpersonal Communication class. I noticed that you're in the educational field. So, how do you think about this idea of running a blog as assignment? For your information, our lecturer is Miss Cheryl. Her account is cherwith as you can see at above. As the semester ends, it might bring an end to our blog. However, our path in learning Interpersonal Communication will continue until the day we sleep forever. Hope to hear more comments from you. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia, nice to have you in my blog.. That sounds a great idea of keeping an assignment blog.. We are lucky because the assignments have allowed us to see the best of you.. I like the girly touch in your blog.. The colours, choice of pictures and above all the little spirits of all of you hovering around the blog space.. You really made feel them.. That why I couldn't resist writing to you... Keep the spirit high, fervent, and released!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha... What to do? All of us are girls. This shows girl power to the guys eh? The favourite thing that I like about this blog is the photo of body language and eye contact. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete