Friday, February 6, 2009

Media and The Effects of Media

Date: 22 January 2009 (22.01.2009) Day: Thursday
Time: 9.00 a.m. -12.00 p.m.

Class started as usual and attendnce was taken. Once the students has settled down, Miss Cheryl announce that today we're going to learn about the media. She explains that as technology advances and media choices increase, children develop unconstructive social, learning, and health habits that many parents are greatly unaware of. She futher note that parents don't realize that the amount of time children spend consuming the media is second most to anything else children do, besides sleep(we can relate well to that. *grins*) As we began to notice how unaware we are about how much the media affects us, Miss Cheryl seperated us all into several groups to encourage brain storming. Each and every group are given time to discuss about media and how it effects us in our daily life and we were to denote how we feel the media has taken over our lives. Here are our group's thoughts. Julia's thoughts : Everything has it's own benifit and also disadvantage, so do media. It's the responsible of parents and also the user it self to define which is good and bad for their children and themselves. Syaza's thoughts : I would be lying if i were to say that the media doesn't effect me! Though i do not watch TV that often but i do go online and i often go out for movies.. I guess its not only the responsibility of the parents to guide us but the movie world should also somewhat carry the responsibility as well. Jewel's thoughts : I truely believe that the media has effected me tremendously. There's never a day that goes by that I'm not online. I believe that I'm actually addicted to it and there was once my friend said I had internet addiction disorder. I was suprise how I didn't see myself as so because going online has become my daily routine. After learning about this, I made myself an internet curfew(2-3hours) to follow by and I've failed. (LOL) I'm still trying my best to limit myself to 4-5hours a day. Before long all the students in the class has voice our their opinions and Miss Cheryl was released us.

No comments:

Post a Comment